Duration: 2.5 days (VILT or classroom)
You need this course if ...
- You work for an organization that manufactures, processes, packs or holds animal food, and is required to register with the Food and Drugs Administration of the USA (FDA) under section 415 of the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- You work for an organization that exports directly or indirectly to the United States and which is required to comply with the requirements of the USA Food Safety Modernization Act.
- You need to qualify as a FSPCA Preventive Controls for Animal Food Qualified Individual.
You will learn ...
- Principal regulatory requirements for animal food.
- Animal food safety hazards.
- Contents of a food safety plan.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- How to define process preventive control including parameters, monitoring, corrections and corrective actions.
- Preventive control management components including parameters, monitoring, corrections and corrective actions.
- Process preventive controls, sanitation preventive controls, and supply-chain-applied preventive controls.
- Key elements of a recall plan.
You will need ...
- To be present for the entire delivery and actively participate in the exercises as designed, in order to successfully complete the course
Your future development:
- HACCP training
- HACCP to HARPC e-learning
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI)
- FSMA Foreign Supplier Verification Program
- FSSC 22000 Appreciation and Interpretation
- Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) Lead Auditor (FSSC 22000 and CQI IRCA certified)